Tennis Programs at Garden of the Gods
Game, Set, Match!
Looking to better your skills? Our USTA certified tennis pros are ready to help you advance your game and take the courts by storm. The key to playing great tennis is sound technique. Tennis is a tactical game, and if you’re able to execute strategically, then you’re on your way to becoming an accomplished player. A private lesson or camp with an experienced, certified teacher can take your game to the next level.
The Tennis Club at the Garden of the Gods offers private lessons, semi-private lessons, and camps for individuals or groups of all ages, juniors, and adults. A private lesson can give you targeted help on one particular area of your game or help you develop all your strokes. You could also focus on tactical play and mental toughness. All these areas can be covered with a few private lessons or over an extended period of regular lessons.
Adult Tennis Programs
Weekly Tennis Programs | January 13 to March 22, 2020
WEEKLY TENNIS PROGRAM
- NOVICE PROGRAM New to tennis? No problem! This fun, CO-ED beginner program will teach you how to play, how to move, the rules of the game, and proper technique. Mondays, 9am-10:30am. Drop-in: $25 per person
- 2.5 PROGRAM Learn to judge where the ball is going & improve court coverage. Participants should be able to sustain a short slow-paced rally with other players of the same ability. Thursdays 9am-10:30am. Drop-in: $25 per person
- 3.0 PROGRAM Adult players of this level are fairly consistent when hitting medium paced balls, but not entirely comfortable with all strokes. The most common doubles formation is one up, one back. CO-ED Tuesdays 9am10:30am. Drop-in: $25 per person
- 3.5 PROGRAM Adult players of this level have improved court coverage are developing teamwork in doubles. This player has dependable strokes but lacks depth and variety. CO-ED. Thursdays 9am10:30am. Drop-in: $25 per person
- 4.0 PROGRAM Adult players of this level have dependable strokes and have developed an all-around game that forces errors with the serve. Teamwork in doubles is evident. CO-ED. Tuesdays 9am-10:30am. Drop-in: $25 per person
DRILLS AND CLINICS
- HIGH-ADRENALINE CLINIC This CO-ED drill is nicknamed the grind, High-Intensity drills, not much time for chatting. Get ready to hit a lot of balls. Starts September 22 Tuesdays, 7:00pm – 8:30pm Sundays, 8:30am – 10am Drop-in: $25 per person
- ROCK-N-ROLL TENNIS (Not for the faint of heart) A fun CO-ED class that gives players of all abilities an ultimate high energy workout. If you are looking for a new way to get in shape and burn calories, you must try Rock N Roll Tennis! Fridays, 9am – 10:30am Drop-in: $25 per session
- 10,000 REPS Repetition is the mother of skill. Get your reps in and improve your skills. Fridays, 10:30am – 11:30am Drop-in: $25 per person
- ZENNIS THURSDAYS Learn to comprehend the strategy and tactics of the game within the game, program applicable for both singles and doubles play. Thursdays, 10:30am-12:00pm Drop-in: $25 per session
WEEKEND DRILL PROGRAMS
Drills are essential for players at all levels because efficient technique is the cornerstone of every great player! However, drills for beginners are different than ones for an advanced player. Choose your level and get ready to be drilled!
Saturday Tennis Drills: (price is per session)
- 2.5 & 3.0 | 8:00am – 9:00am ($20)
- 3.0 & 3.5 | 9:00am – 10:30am ($25)
- 3.5 & above | 10:30am – 12:00pm ($25)
WINTER LEAGUE INFORMATION
League play is vital for your survival as a tennis player. Please compete in leagues to sharpen your tennis skills and mental skills. Winter League will run 10 weeks JAN 13, 2020 to MAR 22, 2020, Deadline for Sign Up 12.27.19
Price per league based on the amount of times you are scheduled to play at $12 per scheduled play.
Junior Tennis Programs
Weekly Tennis Programs | January 13 to March 22, 2020
JUNIOR PLAY DATES TO REMEMBER
SPRING JUNIOR TENNIS PROGRAM
March 30, 2020 to May 24, 2020
SATURDAY MATCH PLAY FOR JUNIORS
Game, set, match. Reinforce the tennis skills your children have learned in our comprehensive lessons and clinics with match play.
Saturdays from 3pm-4pm All Juniors
WINTER JUNIOR TENNIS CAMPS
December 26-28 | 12:00pm – 2:00pm daily January 2 -4 | 12:00pm-2:00pm daily $120 per player per camp
GIRLS HS PREP CAMP (Varsity Playing Ability)
January 12, 2020 to March 8, 2020 Sundays | 10:00am – 12:00pm $40 per player | per session
DRILLS & CLINICS
Fasten your seatbelts, this class will include tennis specific workouts, strategy session, tactical training and emphasis on technique. This clinic is for junior tennis players who really want to take their games to the next level.
High-Performance Academy: Athletes can be in a higher tier based on ability. Director of Tennis must approve.
Tier One: Level 6 or lower tournament participation/Highschool Tennis Playing Experience (Varsity Level); regular ball; developed ground strokes with spin and shape from baseline; volleys in continental grip with good technique; can direct first serve to forehand or backhand; Second serve with spin; Players in this group are working on patterns and developing points.
Mondays 5:30-7:00pm $250 for 10 weeks Tuesday & Friday 5:30 -7:00pm Drop-in $25.00
Tier Two: JTT or junior varsity playing experience, some tournament playing experience; regular ball; lacks consistency on ground strokes with spin and shape; does not have correct technique for volleys; can serve first and second serve; player loses points because of unforced errors compared to developing a point.
Monday or Thursday 5:30pm – 7:00pm $250 for 10 weeks
Tier Three: Regular ball-ages 14 & above JTT playing experience; Green dot ball-ages 9-14 JTT playing experience; Orange dot ball-10 and below JTT playing experience.
Monday or Thursday 4:00-5:30pm $250 for 10 weeks
WEEKEND ACADEMY Tier 1
SATURDAY (Tier 1) 1pm-3pm Drills, Match Play 3pm-4pm | $400
JUNIOR TENNIS PROGRAMS
- FUTURE STARS: 4 TO 6 YEARS Your child’s agility, balance, hand-eye coordination, throwing, jumping & tennis etiquette will improve with this program. Court Size: 36ft length 18ft wide, low compression balls, 19-21 in rackets. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4:00pm – 4:30pm Ages 4-6 | $175
- STARS: 7 TO 9 YEARS Learning the sport of tennis builds confidence. Increased movement, rally-based games, tennis etiquette & introduction to competition. Court size 60ft length, 21ft wide, orange low-compression balls, 21-23 in. rackets. Tuesdays 4:30pm – 5:30pm Ages 7-9 | $225
- ALL-STAR NOVICE: For children 12 & under or 14 & under, this is a great class for beginners. Learn the fundamentals, rules and scoring, tennis etiquette, rally based games and introduction to competition. Wednesdays 4:30pm – 5:30pm Ages 14 and under | $225
- ALL-STAR INTERMEDIATE: For athletes ages 14 & under who have participated in our Junior Team Tennis Program. Take it to the next level with high-intensity drills, footwork and proper technique. Fridays 4:00pm – 5:30pm Ages 14 and under | $250
Pickleball, one of the fastest growing sports in America, is a paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong.
Private Lesson: $40 with a Certified Professional
Pickleball Skills & Drills | Start January 18 Every Saturday ($20 per session)
- Beginner – 2.5 | 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- 2.5 & 3.0 | 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- 3.0 & 3.5 | 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Pickleball Skills & Drills | The First Five Shots
Saturday, January 18th | 1pm-3pm | $50 per player per session
Saturday, January 18th | 1pm-3pm | $50 per player per session
It’s a New Year and that means new Pickleball Skills & Drills! Join Joe Frasca and Mike Lovato, Pickleball Professionals, this Saturday for our first ever 2 Part First Five Shot Series. We will focus on the first five shots in Pickleball this first Saturday which are critical to becoming a better player. Then we’ll use practice proven techniques to become a better player before ending this 2-hour sessions learning how to play pickleball the REAL way it is meant to be played [at the kitchen]. *PT 1 is recommended for any level of player who wants to have a better understanding of how to improve their game at the recreational or competitive level.
Saturday, January 25th | 1pm-3pm | $50 per player per session
*Must participate in Part 1 to play in Part 2.
After a week of work you’ll definitely want to come back this Saturday to hone in on those Pickleball Skills while catching a break from the monotonously of day to day life. This Saturday we will expand your knowledge about the concept of the First Five Shots before learning a variety of options available within the first five shots. By the end of this 2-hour session you will leave with ideas on how to practice these shots on your own for true improvement.
*PT 2 is recommended for players who want to play at higher levels of pickleball and are committed to practice improving their game.
**We have a 12-player maximum. If we exceed our maximum number of players, we will add another time.
*As a reminder, to play in Part 2 you must have played in Part 1.
Please reach out to the Tennis Team today for any questions at 719.329.4012 | [email protected]
Professional Tennis Lessons
Private and group lessons at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club are given by our Director of Tennis, Scott Leifer, USPTA Elite Professional, or a member of his USPTA/USPTR-certified team.
|Lesson||Member||Hotel Guest or
|Private Lesson with a Certified Instructor||$75||$85|
|Semi-Private(2 players) with a Certified Instructor||$40||$45|
|Group of Three with a Certified Instructor||$30||$35|
|Group of Four with a Certified Instructor||$25||$30|
|Ball Machine (per hour)||$15||$15|
Tennis & Pickleball Events
- January-May-7:00-8:30pm 1st Friday of the Pickleball Round Robin (Pretzels and Beer/Wine), $25 per person
- June-August- 5:30-7:00pm 3rd Friday of the Month Tennis Round Robin (Pretzels and Beer/Wine), $25 per person
- February 2nd 12:00pm-2:00pm Super Bowl Round Robin (Beer/Hard Cider and Pretzels), $25 per person
- April 25th 5:00pm-7:00pm, Margarita Mixer (Membership Event), Fun Tennis Drills and Games, | Complimentary to Members
- May 25th 12:00am-2:00pm, Memorial Day Mixer, $25 per person
- June 26th-28th M&M Junior Tennis Tournament, USTA Tournament, Ages 10-18, $40 online registration through USTA
- July 11th 12:00pm-2:00pm, Strawberries and Champagne and Snacks, Get ready for Wimbledon Round Robin, $25 per person
- August 29th 10:00am-12:00pm Pickleball Court Grand Opening, Exhibition and Cocktails, Complimentary to Members
- September 7th 11:00am-1:00pm Woods n Whites (Beer/Hard Cider and Pretzels), $20 per person
- September 18th-20th Red Rock Showdown Adult Tennis Tournament, USTA Tournament, All Levels, M & W Singles, M & W Doubles, Mixed Doubles, 3.0-Open, $40 per person
- October 4th, 12:00-5:00pm, Heavenly Hope Healing Event, Pro-Am
- October 16th 2nd Annual Haunted House of Horrors Round Robin, $25 per person
- October 23rd-25th Clash of Titans Junior Tennis Tournament, USTA Tournament, Ages 10-18, $40 per person
2020 Adult Camps
- Toppers and Scorchers Aussie Themed Adult Tennis Camp 1.24-1.26/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Sweetheart Mixed Doubles Tennis Camp 2.14-2.16/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Doubles Madness, Slicers and Droppers Tennis Camp 3.6-3.8/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Spring Fling, Kissing Aces Tennis Camp 4.17-4.19/2020, Men and Women All Levels – SOLD OUT
- Dinks & Drinks Pickleball Camp 5.15-5.17/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Stay Out of the “Kitchen” Pickleball Camp 6.12-14/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Black Friday Tennis Camp 11.27-11.29/2020, Men and Women All Levels
- Holiday Tennis Camp 12.26-12.28/2020, Men and Women All Levels
2020 Junior Camps
- Junior Team Tennis Prep Camp | Tennis Camp – All Levels| June 1st thru June 5th
- French Open Futures | June 9th & 11th |June 16th & 18th | Skills and Drill 9:00-12:00pm, Supervised Match Play 2-3:30pm
- Rackets & Clubs | A Golf & Tennis Camp Ages 7-12yr. | July 13th thru July 17th
- Wimbledon Ready | Tennis Camp – All Levels | July 7th & 9th | Skills and Drill 9:00-12:00pm, Supervised Match Play 2-3:30pm
- US Open | Tennis Camp – All Levels | August 3rd thru 7th | Skills and Drill 9:00-12:00pm, Supervised Match Play 2-3:30pm
Indulge in the Salon + Spa
A sigh of vanilla. A hush of fingertips. Relax and refresh your mind, body and spirit with our full-service spa and salon complete with steam rooms, salt inhalation rooms, and infrared therapy.