Summer is a time to bask in the glow of resonating skin. After an assertive antiaging treatment program in the past couple of seasons, summer is the time to back off, take a break, and flaunt the beautiful benefits of months of treatments and care that you’ve done for your skin. During the summer, sun protection is still crucial to the health of your skin—but it is also the best time to dial down the actives and the treatments that require longer healing time.
Treatments to renew skin during summer months.
HydraFacial is one of the most beneficial year-round treatments that you can do. The treatment provides deep cleansing, gentle exfoliation, and layers of nourishment and hydration for summer sun overindulged skin.
Worthwhile treatments to do in the summer.
Radiofrequency microneedling is a treatment that can be done year-round, as there is little to no downtime and no concern for the heat of the hotter summer months. This treatment stimulates neocollaginesis, increases fibroblast stimulation and collagen formation, and breaks down old collagen that has become brittle, meaning the collagen is no longer healthy, it is holding wrinkles in place, and minimizing smoothing texture. Radiofrequency microneedling is ideal for the person that is noticing some laxity, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Treatments to avoid in the summer.
You want to avoid laser treatments and chemical peels in the summer months because the heat and intensity of the sun is more prone to damage your skin after receiving these services.
5 tips for taking care of skin in the summer.
1. Physical barriers are always best when thinking of sun protection. Invest in good quality SPF clothing, and a functional sun hat. There are so many cute styles available these days.
2. Use a topical vitamin c serum. Some serums can provide up to eight times your skin’s natural protection. Think of this as your base layer.
3. Use and reapply sunscreen. Most people will put their sunscreen on for the day, but then forget to reapply. Additional applications are key to providing lasting UVA/B protection.
4. Keep it cool. Keeping the skin cool and out of intense sun will help to control inflammation-based skin conditions. Melasma, Rosacea and Eczema can be exacerbated by heat.
5. Colorado dry summer heat is very dehydrating to the skin. Keep it refreshed and plumped with hyaluronic acid. It acts like a giant drink of water for parched skin.
Summer month skin care treatments – from Lori Anthony
1.Eminence facials with enzyme peels are great for the summer months to keep the skin glowing. Enzyme peels are gentle with no downtime as opposed to chemical peels which are more invasive and are usually done in the fall/winter months. Eminence has natural, organic and Biodynamic ingredients. Products are free from animal by-products, petroleum, propylene glycol, harmful fragrances and colorants, sodium lauryl sulfates and parabens.
2. Biologique Recherche treatments are cool facials that calm the skin. They are very refreshing and leave the skin glowing. The Remodel and Refine treatment include microcurrents which lift and tighten the skin, leaving it plump and luminous. Biologique Recherche uses high concentrations of botanical, marine and biological extracts. BR offers high doses of active organic ingredients to create a true luxury skincare experience. No fragrance, color additives, parabens or silicone.
3. Exfoliation and hydration are very important during the summer months, as your skin is more prone to becoming dry with the outdoor heat.
4 Tips for summer skin:
1. Complete monthly facial treatments.
2. Maintain consistent at home skin care with weekly exfoliation and hydrating masks.
3. Implement a microcurrent machine such as a NuFace to help to tighten and lift your skin.
4. Red light therapy—helps reduce breakouts, rosacea, psoriasis, inflammation, and it’s anti-aging.
Here’s some more info on clean vs. organic skin care…